What About Me?
The caricature on my home page was done by the cartoonist Weg.
The sketch of me above was done after Friday night's party at
Parliament of Dreams by
Well, it's hard to describe myself, so I'll let others do it. Here are
some things said about me long ago. Who says we change as we grow up? The
first of these rather describes this web site!
Here are some more recent things that have been said to or about me. Context
is deliberately omitted to allow readers to let their minds wander.
Like amplifiers, top ten lists should go all the way to 11.
- Is a great chatterer and work is frequently incomplete. -- 3rd grade teacher
- Has an extensive vocabulary and is a confident speller. -- 4th grade teacher
- Can be most distractable at times. -- 5th grade teacher
- Has done [RE work] without any show of enthusiasm. -- 3rd form RE teacher
- No, I like getting a lift in Craig's car.
It's cheaper than going on a roller coaster
and much more dangerous and exciting.
- I'm impressed ... I think you're weird, but I'm impressed.
- Get out of my bed!
- I can't believe I'm doing this.
- I'll be under the blanket.
- I'm getting too old for this.
- Lithe little bastard, isn't he?
- Now wait! What's that slippery thing??!
- Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!
- Some people have said that I'm insatiable, but I think you've proven them
- You're evil.
I've lost track of the number of people who've said the last one of those.